AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Friday, December 7, 2007

Apple Pie


Jane has always loved to bake. And I have always loved eating her baked goods. Times have been lean since eggs and butter are out of the picture, but today when I got home I was greeted by a heavenly aroma wafting out of the kitchen. I sniffed my way in, and what did my eyes behold but apple pie. Yay! Apple pie for dessert.

Alas, it was not to be. Jane made that pie for a party we are attending tomorrow night. No matter how much I tried to prevail upon her that we should have a slice to see if the crust came out good enough to bring with us, she wouldn't give in. I guess the thought of having to bake another pie tomorrow didn't really excite her as much as it did me.

Anyway, I'm certainly going to have some tomorrow night and I'm sure it will be great!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you happen to have a recipe for this delicious apple pie? Or a website or book I could look to? It looks absolutely amazing, very hard to resist eating :)

The Fast Lane said...

Hi Rockaroo,
I would be happy to send you my recipe for the pie. Since I don't have it on my pc and will have to type it in for you, I won't get around to it until after the new year, but just send me your email address and I'll get it out to you in January.
-- Jane

The Fast Lane said...

Oh, and thank you for the compliments!
-- Jane

Tanya said...

Orangette's Chocolate Cake recipe works fabulously with tofu instead of eggs-- I've tried it before. It also makes great cupcakes.

I'm going to try to make a similar pie for my work holiday party.

The Fast Lane said...

Hi Tanya,
That recipe looks scrumptious. Another one for the must try pile in January. But what a dilemma!!! Aren't we all supposed to be dieting in January?
Jane