AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No Whey!

Today's post is dedicated to my ritual breakfast. For years now, I have been having a shake for breakfast. No, not Tommy Lasorda, and the shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, and a sensible dinner thing. But Jane would argue with you. It is a sensible dinner, and generally a sensible lunch too since I'm a 'brown-bagger' bringing my lunch to work most days.

Anyway, that breakfast I mentioned consisted of a cup of milk, a scoop of whey protein powder, a banana and a tablespoon of almond butter. Yum! However, do you see any problems there? I was very concerned that my favorite breakfast was now going to be off limits or at least, not so palatable with the milk/whey substitutions I was required to make. But thankfully, that was not the case.

I've used soy milk, plain and vanilla, sweetened and unsweetened, almond milk (same variations) and rice milk... All were equally palatable, but I've decided on the unsweetened vanilla almond milk as my liquid of choice. As for protein powder, I'm using the soy powder available at my local Trader Joe's. It's relatively inexpensive, but not as tasty as the whey powder.

Overall, there's almost no difference in taste. No whey!

Lane

No comments: