AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Monday, August 27, 2007

Gone Vegan

Hello World

I'm a 40-something married man. Up until one month ago, I was a carnivore. At that point, my wife decided that we are going vegan. And since my wife does the cooking, I agreed.

Do I miss meat? No. Am I hungry? No. Am I getting enough protein? Yes. Oh and by the way, in the past 4 weeks, I've lost 8 pounds..... and I haven't done any exercise. She tells me that's next.... I Love My Wife!

The only difficulty that we've encountered thus far has been eating at restaurants. We love to go out to eat. We still can, but our choices have been dramatically limited. For instance, we went to one of our favorite salad restaurants. We thought salad, vegan? No problem, right? Wrong! We weren't able to order off of the menu! Every salad contained some sort of animal product -- meat, cheese, etc. Not to mention their famous, wonderful zucchini bread is now completely off limits (eggs, milk, butter) However, we have have found several options that are working well for us.

My wife also found several great vegan cookbooks at the library. In future posts, I'll let you know my favorite meals.

Lane

No comments: